18th Annual Red Ribbon Poster Contest
DEADLINE WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 23, 2019 AT 5:00PM
Each La Joya ISD elementary school will provide one entry if they wish to participate. If it encouraged that each school hold a poster contest within the school. A school committee should set up to judge the posters and select that one they want to represent the school. All entries are to be turned in on or before Wednesday October 23, 2019 before 5:00 pm, at the La Joya ISD Police Department. A committee of judges will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. Winners will receive trophies and a bicycle. A plaque will also be awarded to the school for the student who provides the 1st place-willing poster. The three winning posters will be displayed in the lobby of the La Joya ISD Administration building during Red Ribbon Week. (All posters will be returned after the contest is over).
Presentation of the trophies and bicycles of the three (3) children and their parents will be Friday November 1st, 2019 at the Palmview School Lobos VS. Mission Veterans football game. The plaque will also be presented at this time to the school principal.
Poster Contest Rules:
1. One entry per school
2. Standard size Poster Board
3. Only individual work by the student
4. For child's safety, no glass or sharp objects on the poster board
5. Be creative. Use glue, crayons, glitter, paint, markers, etc.
6. In a sealed envelope, write the child's name, age and school he/she is representing
7. Attach the sealed envelope to the back of the poster.
For information contact La Joya ISD Investigator J. Gonzalez #332 at 956-323-2040
BUSTIN' FOR BADGES
Here Are The Winners! Congratulations!